View Single Post
melilley 11:52 AM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by MrsRachelle:
We're required to do crafts. At least two a week. Sigh...

There's nothing in the room but two tables and the toy boxes. I'm on a tight budget and can't afford much but I'd be willing to make some purchases to save my sanity and the well being of these children.

I agree about this age not being "bad" but all they see are other kids biting, pulling hair, etc so that's what they all do. And again, time out is ineffective. I try to redirect with toys or songs, but that only lasts a few minutes and then it's back to chaos. I've tried putting posters and sensory things on the wall but they rip them down :/
Do you do process art? My kids love to just paint, they could do it all day as well as color, glue things onto paper, things like that.

Sensory activities are a big hit here too. Instead of putting things on the wall, (I know how that goes, they just tear it down) you could put sensory materials in bins and let them play that way or have a sensory table.

Toddlers also love to clean! Give them paper towel or washcloth and let them "clean" away. I also let them paint toys with water. They get a big kick out of that!

Just a few ideas.