View Single Post
legomom922 01:52 PM 09-28-2010
What blows my mind is how I have seen DCP's treat parents of the kids they watch, judging them, asking friends about their financial situations, etc. It seems that everyone has something to complain about, like no one meets their standards or expectations. Seems most have the I'm the boss and its my way kind of attitude, and I am not that way at all! I work with the parents as much as I possibly can, and seems I am finding out I am unique! I even have it in my contracts, that I will keep their child on the schedule that they are most comfortable with and used to for the benefit of the child not my benefit! I want my parents to be as comfortable with me as possible and want them to really feel that their child feels right at home, with no disruption to their day or schedule. I may run a business, but I run my buisness with the "human connection". The relationship is a 2 way street, and there has to be give and take, and great communication. As a parent myself, I never used DC, and knowing what I know now, I am glad I didn't and I hope my kids never have to use them either. Nothing can ever replace the childs "home" or mother, or routine, and I try to come as close to those things as possible!