View Single Post
Crystal 02:17 PM 09-28-2010
Originally Posted by Joyce:
To tell you the truth, I run my daycare to suit the children as well. I do take your point about some Providers being too stringent in their policies. Napping is one area where I have differed with some posters in the past. I run my program as if my nieces & nephews came over for the day to play with my kids. Oh, we eat nutritious foods and use any and all opportunities to learn things. We go outside to play, and if they need a nap, they get one. We do all that - just not at regimented times.

That being said, I think you are getting way too worked up about the juice posting. I think that if a mom of an 11 month old baby expected her daughter to drink only juice for the 10 hours or so that she was with me, and not have any formula, I would question the mom myself. Not because I'm bossy or set in my tyrannical ways, but just because I think a baby needs formula for health reasons. I'm not saying I would refuse to do what the mom asked, but I would certainly question it respectfully. Can we please drop it now?
Yes, you can drop it now. As was previously requested, please keep the discussion/debate about the 11 month old in the provider forum, in the appropriate thread.