View Single Post
DanceMom 03:45 PM 09-28-2010
I also do what the parent requests to an extent. If it throws off my whole schedule that I have with the other 7 kids here...I will work with the parent to come up with a solution. I have a parent that wants her 12 month old to participate in school time. Well school time is from 9-10. Her son is napping at that time..so her and I worked together to come up with a solution for a different nap time and I pushed my school time up by 1/2 hour.

There are certain things I think you can do for the parent...but there are also things you have to let the parent know that is just might not work that way. And we are right - it is OUR BUSINESS. We work hard on figuring out a schedule for ALL - what works for ALL to ensure a smooth day/week FOR ALL. This is all told to the parent AT THE TIME OF THE INTERVIEW. SO, a parent will know your rules etc before they even make a decision to enroll in your daycare. If your rules do not work for them..then by all means keep searching for another daycare...it wont bother me because I guarantee I will have that spot filled with someone that IS comfortable with how I run MY business.

I personally would not feed a child juice if the parent asked me too..even if they brought the juice BECAUSE...all of the other kids will be crying and whining and wondering why THEY dont get juice...You can feed your child juice at home. Here it is either milk or water. Pediatricians do not recommend juice, the food program doesnt recommend juice. The dck will be just fine drinking water.

Thankfully ALL of my families have adapted to our schedule here..their weekend naps and meals mimick my naps and meals so Monday they arent all off and have to get back into routine.