View Single Post
Faith is a gift too 09:12 AM 03-14-2020
The schools & school daycares are closed for 2 weeks here instead of usual 1 for spring break. Child care providers outside of the schools have received instruction from licensing encouraging us to stay open, which I plan on doing, unless we have a confirmed case of Coronavirus, then we close, disinfect, contact the health department, etc....

This has me thinking about social distancing in a childcare setting what that might look like? I myself am trying to keep my distance (although 6 feet is not possible) and still assist the children with what they need. Thankfully I do not have any that are in diapers right now.
At the same time I don't think that it's a reasonable expectation for any child to practice social distancing (I would equate it to torture).

We are washing our hands like usual since we follow standard precautions.

I have a kids Henry the Hand germ video & germ book that we read and talk washing hands about not touching our faces (but they still do-another unreasonable expectation). I've been reviewing these about 1x week since this circus started.

I encourage them to cover their sneezes with her elbows and turn away from their friends if they have a sneeze.

I've removed the cloth/porous toys from the play area and am only keeping toys that can easily be disinfected 2-3x a week. I am cleaning often touched hard surfaces twice as offen.

Besides all this I feel like there is not much else to do and I especially don't want to scare them. I imagine they are concerned since the grown ups are acting strange.

I'm just curious to know what steps everyone else is taking that might be helpful for our kiddos?