View Single Post
Snowmom 06:25 AM 04-03-2020
It is for me. I'm making up my mind this weekend.

I go back/forth about it. I'd love to stay open in one regard (for a few families) because our state is generously offering grant money to those that do. But... I won't know if I will get that $ until late this month. Even then, I probably wouldn't receive it until next month. So, if I stay open now, during the hot period, well... did I just screw myself?
Now that unemployment is an option, that may be the best route to protect everyone.

BTW, I have always used masks here. Most kids 2 and up have no problem with them. But now, you'd have to make them.
I would suggest, if you can wear a mask yourself, do it. Then separate babies in your space if possible. I have a curtain hanging from my ceiling that separates the two spaces (toddlers on one, preschoolers on the others). I plant myself between them so I can see both sides. At least that curtain can keep the air droplets from traveling between the two. Just like ER rooms if you think about it!

My super creative mom made me a few masks to use too. She cut up an air filter to use in the pockets. Works well!