View Single Post
Unregistered 06:33 PM 12-16-2019
Hello, there was an issue with child running out of the daycare after he saw his grandmother outside (arriving to pick him up). Daycare informed me of the incident and I apologized and immediately addressed the issue with my child on why that’s dangerous and can’t happen again. When I asked the daycare how he managed to make it from outside on the playground (where he saw grandma), through the building, and out of the front door without adult intervention, I was told it was my responsibility to teach him better. She very clearly stated that and stressed that she is state compliant and doesn’t employee hall monitors. After several days of trying to resolve the issue with the director, I filed a state complaint. They confirmed there were violations in place on the daycares behalf. She immediately dismissed me when I informed her I filed the complaint. Granted, I was already looking for alternatives, is she allowed to immediately dismiss me over their error? I’m concerned this will effect me being able to secure a new daycare.