View Single Post
Josiegirl 05:10 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
It really needed to, though. Actual hands-on care is only a fraction of my cost. The mandatory supply lists, training, education, meal requirements, curriculum requirements, structural requirements, and equipment costs are rising almost daily. Those things must be in place whether a child attends or not.
I agree 100% but many(most??) parents don't understand that concept.
Infant care has to be planned as soon as parents know they're expecting, at least in my area. And they consider themselves very fortunate to secure a place anywhere, even though they grumble about paying full price for a slot. They need to open their minds to the fact that it's a business for us, each slot makes up a piece of our financial livelihood and if we give that up, it's the same as if they receive 1/6(or whatever percentage) less of their pay for months. It's simply not feasible for business sense.

As to the OP, you may very well be setting the trend in your area and have many followers!! That's not a bad thing you know! Dare to be the 1st and make yourself *that* desirable that people will pay.