View Single Post
Snowmom 10:54 AM 10-23-2019
Funny story.

I had one mom last year that tried to have this discussion with me. Even after referring her to my handbook, which specifically states "every child enrolled rests at nap time. Do not ask me to refrain from naps as I do not offer that service."

Apparently she didn't believe me because she asked again. I told her she could hire a nap time sitter to come pick him up for the two hours/day the group here rests (1-3). The going rate for that service around here is $18/hour if she can find it. The sitter would need to take the child off the property of course. So transportation, insurance and taxes are her responsibility.
Breaking that down- she would jump from paying me $180/week for 5 days a week to $360+/week for one child eliminating naps. I also told her that would be getting off cheap, since if I did entertain the idea, I would charge time and a half for adding two hours onto the end of my day to catch up on what I missed doing at nap. $27/hour (2 hours a day, 5 days a week is $270 plus my $180 weekly fee=$450/wk).