View Single Post
BoysMom 12:12 AM 10-25-2019
I have a 20-month DCG who has sucked two fingers since she was an infant. I used to joke that they were magnetized to the back of her throat, it's that automatic for her. She also doesn't play with any toys but instead just sticks them in her mouth and tries to walk around with them. If I take the toy away, she either goes back to the fingers or tries to put another toy in her mouth.

My youngest DS and other DCG are the same age (they're all just two weeks apart) and neither of them sucked fingers or mouthed toys before she started back here. Today my DS was repeatedly standing in front of her putting his same two fingers in his mouth, and several times I had to pull blocks out of all three of their mouths.

Is there anything I can do to either break her of putting the toys in her mouth, or at least keep the others from imitating it?

(Back history with DCG1--I've done license-exempt care for three years and had her and her brother last school year four days a week. At the end of the school year, my families asked me to become licensed so I could care for both families at the same time. My license just came through at the beginning of this month, at which point she started coming again.)