View Single Post
Unregistered 12:57 PM 10-25-2019
I charge a weekly rate for fulltime and daily for parttime/per diem . It doesn’t not matter the amount of hours they are they are there.... because it is a body I am responsible for. If there is a serious injury, it doesn’t matter whether the child was there 5 minutes or 5 hours when the injury happens.... it is still under MY responsibility and MY INSURANCE.

Now I do offer a $100 discount if my fulltime parents pay monthly on the first. ( I pay my entire monthly budget on the second then). All my full timers take advantage of this bonus. They are not allowed to be late even if the first falls on a weekend. But I use PayPal and cashapp so it isn’t an issue.

My part timers can receive $10 off per day for paying in advance for the moth with a minimum of ten days. Nurses like this. But some simply pay the fulltime charge just in case they go over on days.

Most of my clients are nurses, cops,attorneys, and two judges... so they like my flexibility in hours so they don’t mind paying my monthly fee even if they don’t use the whole month. They have sporadic schedules, and call offs.

If you give good, safe, fun care and you are flexible in urgent situations ... they feel they are getting a great value for their dollar. I’m firm on my pick up time but not rigid ... as I use to be a firefighter... so I know about being held over. When they feel you have their backs ( without taking advantage of you)... they will often tip you extremely well. Sometimes I think we forget what parents need daycares for... real and true working hoursand bank holidays lol.... because we are wrapped up in what is easiest for us.