View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:15 PM 10-31-2019
Im in rural MN. I drive less than 8 miles to my daycare.
Both morning and evening commute is heavy traffic and more than slightly annoying as I am not one that enjoys being in the middle of traffic traveling at a snails pace so I can completely understand how 8 miles might make a difference.

I've also got several clients in care myself that specifically contacted me based on my location.
Like another poster said, location is sometimes a key factor in finding a child care.

Another factor may be that the OP might have already planned to drive 10 miles to this daycare in the first place and is now being asked to drive 8 MORE miles... know what I mean? The amount of miles the provider lived in proximity to the daycare in the first place wasn't mentioned.

This thread is awfully similar to one posted here not too long ago by a provider that suspected a family that hadn't started yet may not want to follow to the new location and the provider wasn't planning on saying anything about returning the deposit until the family asked about it. I don't think it's the exact same situation but there was a bit more to the story than just a simply unexpected move and not knowing if the family would/wouldn't be okay with it.

I don't know... I think the OP has a right to ask for their money back. I think that while we, as providers might see a different perspective it really doesn't matter as the OP is the one that has to drive the 8 miles to AND from the child care twice a day. That's 32 miles MORE than they were planning on driving in the first place.