View Single Post
WImom 11:07 AM 03-16-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
I really do honestly think it is something else in addition to parenting though. There are so many kids with attention issues and etc. So many with delays. Why? I know our foods are so depleted. The number of immunizations given to kids is going up all the time. Kids don't know how to just "play" without something electronic telling them what to do or HOW to play. Sad. I am slowly getting rid of battery operated toys. I can't stand it. Parents are always saying "He/she is fussy/tired, might be a good movie/cartoon day." We hardly EVER watch tv. Not that it is all bad, I love to watch some tv, as sometimes I need some time to shut off my brain. But there is SOOOOOO much technology. Too much. What ever happened to hours of riding bikes, playing ball, hide and seek? Ugh. Guess I am just tired of the "I'm bored" "We have nothing to do" attitude.
I have a kid here (almost 4y) and I can't have anything with electronics because he will just sit there and press the button over and over and over, etc. It's like he needs the noise. I just took away my leapfrog letter magnets and a toaster that dinged when the toast was done because he didn't 'play' with it just pressed the button. My cash register the kids had same thing. I do have a play mixer that I did leave because the other kids love to play baking but when ever he has it I just remind him if he's not baking put it down. (he'll just turn it on and listen to it) I know he and his sibling watch tons of tv.

I feel that the biggest thing that needs to change is kids/adults need to learn that they don't always get their way. I think that's why there is so much crime. I want it so I'll do what ever I can to get it.
If every child comes out of my childcare knowing just that I will be happy. (sadly I try with a few but every Monday I have to start all over)