View Single Post
wdmmom 03:31 PM 07-06-2011
Originally Posted by MNmamaOf4:
DC Grandma got her for pick up (they have custody of their granddaughter) and she said "Husband is wondering if you could open earlier? He has to haul grain and has to do two loads a day and the place closes earlier now and he's not able to get two loads in with your hours. If you could open earlier he'd pick her up earlier" I said what is earlier? And she said she'd call me back, so I'm waiting for a call back. I'm already open 10 hours a day. I don't want to open earlier but I also don't want to lose this family as I only have 2 families (1 kid each), so I can't afford to lose them. My husband is going to tell me to do whatever to accommodate them, but my other family is here from 8:00-5:30. I don't know what to do. I will not open any earlier than 7 and will not open before 7:30 during the school year because my DD gets on the bus at 7:10 and our mornings are hectic enough that I don't need DCK here while I'm trying to get her off to school.

WWYD?
That's your call. YOU need to do what works best for your family. If you make any special accommodations, I would put it in writing and have what the accommodations are and how long they will last. Find out if it's temporary or something that will last long term and go from there.

If it meant me getting off any earlier, I'd jump on it. If there are other kids still there, it would depend on HOW much earlier are we talking?!