View Single Post
momma2girls 10:12 AM 02-02-2010
Originally Posted by Carole's Daycare:
I have had terrific families for the most part. Every once in a while I get a parent that drives me bonkers. This mom has been with me for over two years- and yes, she is a county child protection worker, and does have the power to shut down daycares. She was not too bad in the beginning- and she has always expressed gratitude for the good job I do curriculum -wise. She brags that she gets a lot of complements on how terrific her daughter "measures up" - Never complains about me or the quality of care. Always always has a sad tale on payday- she pays, but tries to make me feel guilty about it. Since her son was born 18 m ago she has gotten worse and worse about picking up on time, bringing sick kids, as I have seen her own home situation decline as she feels more and more overwhelmed with her work and her own lack of parenting/homemaking skills. She is the first person to criticize and find fault with every other family, but lies/hides her own when she does the exact same thing. I've seen her get mad, thankfully not at me, but she can be very manipulative, and I am concerned. It started out gradual, with the occasional late court day etc. She uses chronic complaints of her own poor health etc - She fell asleep after taking a pain pill because of this misery or that, therefore didn't show up on time, even though she was home. It's gotten to be a habitual problem, but when I express frustration, or remind her that she's causing hardship for me, she talks about the good time she had at lunch w/ my licensor, or the head of the department brought her cookies and just loves her, etc. I wonder if its even true sometimes, but, scary just the same.
I have now started monthly newsletters, and at the bottom of them, I write in reminders such as late pick ups, early drop offs, etc..... this has helped a bunch!!!!! Good luck and let us all know what you did!!!
Have a great day!!