View Single Post
Unregistered 01:07 PM 12-16-2012
I say just terminate her, she is so NOT worth it. She is causing you more stress than you need right now. It seems she has violated many of your rules. She cannot tell you that her son shouldn't be excluded, of course she would say that and come up with an excuse for everything, she doesn't want to miss work! But she needs to remember this is YOUR job, and it is your job to makes sure ALL of the children stay healthy and safe.

If you don't already have it in your contract put something about how YOU will determine weather a child is well enough to enter your program with a daily health check and If you think a child is ill to a point that they need a doctor that they will not be admidded into your program without a doctors not. also make it clear what you exclude for regardless of reasoning (fever 100+, vomiting, diarriah). Also if it is not in your contract put something about how parents are expected to pay weather their child attends or not, unless the parent gives a 2 week notice for a planned absents (vacation- but no more than a week with out pay) they are paying for a limited slot in your program. And you can decide if you want to charge if you have to close down due to illness or a family emergency (this situation can be considered either) I would say if it's only for a week (maybe two max) they still have to pay more than that they don't.

I say after one blow out (meaning #2 it leaks out of his diaper) baby is out until he has a doctor's note because diarriah can be caused by a virus and it can be contagious to other infants (due to weak immune systems) and is also a sign of dehydration- which if god forbid something happened while he was in your care you could be held responsible! Also it seems like she thinks that you have to follow her schedual because your watching her kid instead of her kid has to follow your schedual because he is part of a group care program. I would tell her "I am a child care provider and a business owner with a set schedule and a routine. It seems like my schedual doesn't work for you and many other daycares/fcc's around here have the same scheduals/routines. So I think you would be better off with a babysitter or a nanny- which I am NOT!" If she wants her child to be the main focus she can pay $10-15/hr instead of $100 for a 50 hour week. Parents need to know that if they are in your program they have to follow your rules- I'm not saying in some cases you can't accomidate their needs but it seems like she wants you to ignore the other kids (and their health/safety rights!) to take care of her child. Hence, she should NOT have her child in group care AT ALL! And honestly, she doesn't seem to care about anyone else's needs or feelings (your, other DCF's, other DCK's) when I bet she would be mad if you let another ill child in your daycare while her baby was their. So she should have to pay more if she wants to be the boss and set the rules. Sorry for the rant just parent's like this are so immature and selfish and do not realize how hard it is to run a daycare business- espessually when you have family/health issues going on!