View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:04 AM 09-29-2016
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
You are absolutely right. I guess I'm just annoyed when I see sparky comments suggesting that either all day cares suck because of poor choices of another or how it's crazy that it's so expensive.

Thanks for shedding light.
The negative atmosphere and/or mis-informed comments and opinions have always been there.

We, as providers and business owners have NEVER received the respect or support or credit we deserve in this profession. It's sad but even though everyone knows the importance of what we do, its just never really been a career that is "valued" or respected like some others are.

I know the fight to change that has been going on forever but I'd like to think that we are making forward progress. Tiny steps but still moving forward.

It does suck to hear parents make comments about daycare/providers and the subject all together. It's disheartening that parents don't realize that on the other end of their hurtful comments about money is a parent or family just like them trying to do the same thing they are doing....raise a child/family on a budget.

I didn't in any way mean to discredit the emotional side of this and I definitely don't mean to gloss over your feelings about this... I DO understand. I know it is hurtful and infuriating at the same time.

I guess I've just learned to lessen my own stress about it by changing how I "see" it. Sometimes I will take the opportunity to "educate" a parent when they make uneducated or untrue statements/comments and other times I just let them own their own misguided attempt to navigate the world of child care and education.