View Single Post
PeaceAndSpirit 06:08 AM 06-12-2012
I had posted here a few days ago about the mother who was being dishonest with me concerning her income.

Well.. Her story has gotten even MORE shadier.

She pretended to be destitude. Everyday telling me how she has no food (she had it!) no money (great job!) and on and on. I agreed to only charge her $100 a week for all 3 of her autistic children meals included. She said it was all she could afford. Children arrive 5:30 leave at 4:00. I am punched, hit, kicked daily, and the children have destroyed many precious momentos in fits of anger- Still I love her children dearly. And also felt bad for the mother and tried to help. Some days the mother didn't even respect me enough to call and say she was not coming. no show. And I never got paid for those days.

I found out this morning from an aquaintance of hers, she is getting assistance - $15.00 per child per day - from a childcare network from the state. (And may be getting more because the children are autistic). Her Mother was supposed to be receiving that money. However her Mother left to go to the Dominican Republic 2 months ago. I KNOW she has not told the state her Mother left. AND also I was suppossed to be paid that money. And NOT what she was paying me.

I have not kept her children since the discovery that she was giving the previous provider the $15.00 per child.. They were not here Monday or today.
And only found out about her receiving the child care assistance this morning. However, I did asked her to call me so we can talk.

To me this is WORSE Because she does INDEED have the money to pay me MORE!!! Yet remained silent and never disclosed a thing. And not only duped me. But is duping the state. I am certain what she is doing in not reporting her mother left. Then instead of being honest and letting me know she had assistance, cried poor, and I believed her. And she KEEPS/pockets/spends the extra money - ALL of which - which should have gone to me. Also am told her mother probably didn't ever see a penny of that money.

I Tried to help and offered a dirt cheap rate, and she is keeping the excess. The aquaintance told me because her mother speaks no english, the state probably is just making the checks out to the daughter.

I was thinking a few days ago she was still not financially sound, but STILL gave someone else more money. Now I realize she HAD the money to pay me more. I would have been making $225.00 per week instead of $60.00 (what I cleared after food, milk and juice for her children).

Yet she kept silent and played me for a fool. I LOVE her children. LOVE THEM ! I do not know how to process this. And really could use some suggestions and help with this. It hurts because I have a child, and could have done so much more for her this summer had I been paid what I deserved. THAT is what hurts the most.

I tried to do a good thing help a lost soul. And feel so stupid now. (even you would have felt sorry for her. She was GOOD!!!)

I just don't understand how someone could do something like this.