View Single Post
daycare 02:09 PM 10-03-2011
Originally Posted by Growing1atime:
I haven't been doing daycare for very long. But my first full timer grew my backbone.

DCM had me walking on egg shells for months. Terming Comments, wanted to "approve" all of my new daycare children, etc... All the while she left her 8 mth old bb with me for 50+ hours per week. When I found out that she didn't even work full time I grew my backbone and termed the mom. And they always paid on time and in advance. I was able to replace the income with in a few weeks.

What I learned from that dc family was to never believe that I had to put up with anything that was making me miserable.

You don't deserve to be miserable. You will be able to replace the income. If you are so miserable that you are going to bed worried and thinking about this family IT ISN'T WORTH IT!!
See I wish that this was true for me. For the first time in years I have had spots open and have not had any "REAL" legit calls to interview for the spots.

I also know that several daycares in my area are closing down. One that I know of is doing very well, but they take state assistance. I don't take state assistance and have no plans to start accepting it.

FOr the first time ever, I am actually at my clients mercy. AND I think they all know it.
But all of them are treating me with great respect except this one.