View Single Post
storybookending 10:17 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Lux:
Storybook I totally hear you- And with me my two clients already have different rates because I gave a low price so I could get my first client. One pays 30 for full day the other pays 40 - that said - the one I charge only 30 usually only does half days anyway. (20)

It's kinda funny to me though that the one with the lowest rate is my hardest kid by far 😝

Like you I'm grateful to both clients as they've "made" my daycare, I mean, now I can actually say I have one and we so needed a second income.
But after reading all this I think I'll be tweaking my system. Not in these clients - my four year old will age out soon anyway.
Thanks everyone! Very helpful to get others' rationales and experience.
My (original families) are also at a cheaper rate but only $2 less a day. I honestly like easing into my work week having the two gone on Mondays so I am okay with what I have going currently. If I was hurting for money or had a family to support I would have changed when I have them renew contracts every January but for now it is fine. My personal expenses are not that high. 2 of my 4 original kiddos age out this September.

My SIL (teacher mom) is pregnant again so the baby will be taking one of the open spots and I am charging her the new rate for the little one. I will not be making her pay holidays or vacations but when you put it in place of the one she’s replacing (off every Monday and also doesn’t pay holidays and vacations/sick days at $2 less a day) I’ll still be coming out ahead.

My other spot will be filled with another pregnant mom of an already enrolled child that is already on my newer contract with higher rate so I’ll come out a bit ahead on that one as well.