Thread: Advice Needed
View Single Post
mrs.meg 01:20 PM 11-09-2008
Question for those of you with experience:

I have been doing home daycare off and on for 4 years. I quit for a while to take care of my youngest when she was born. I started back in August of this year and want to know what I can do to make this a more pleasant experience. I could never find a decent child care provider for my children, so that is why I decided to stay home and try it myself, because I really do love children. The problem is, I just do not like it. I have 4 daughters of my own 3 are in school and my youngest is 2 at home with me. I only watch 2 boys ages 3 1/2 and 18 months. I feel that all day long is a power struggle, I know they have rarely heard the word NO at home, so I feel that when they come to my house, that is all I do, tell them no, don't do that, etc. It has taken me 3 months to even get them to sit and read books and actually let me read without taking the book, running around, etc. I don't know if it is just me, or if it is the kids that I watch or if I am just not used to boys because they are so different. I know that some people are made for this and I probably am not one of them, but I really want to try to get better at this so that I can help provide for my family. I really need the income right now, but some days I just cry when I get them down for their nap. The boys came from a daycare facility and I try to have a routine, but I am sure I am not as structured as daycare would be. Any advice would be much appreciated.