View Single Post
cheerfuldom 04:40 PM 06-16-2012
Originally Posted by Provider_Manda:
Ok so my "daycare" room is small, I have taken out the changing table to help with the space and lets just say I miss it like crazy ! Anyway, I have a form of OCD where I have to rearrange things over a small period of time and clutter gives me anxiety..Well I have to store 2 pack and plays in my living room in one corner and across the room has more toys. I had a yard sale and sold some toys but still I feel that there is too many !! How much stuff do you have in your home daycare, and where do you store playpens if you do not have a lot of room ? I am running out of ideas, and in the process becoming very stressed over it. Just need some advice, I would love to rent a place and have it out of my home, but here in Ohio you have to live where you operate your type b daycare. Any ideas, or advice would be great !!
can you post photos of your space so far?

without photos, my first idea would be to start considering shelving up on the walls or other creative storage spaces.

As for the OCD, I hope that you are getting this issue addressed with a professional. I was diagnosed with OCD several years ago and agree with you wholeheartedly that having any form of this disorder and pairing that with home daycare is very, very challenging. Working with children is all about patience, flexibility and the ability to let things happen....because messes and chaos with kids of course will happen. I feel confident that I have overcome this but it is something that I do sympathize with. please seek some ongoing help, if you havent already. It is likely that what you really need to do is accept the space for what it already is and not keep trying to find the perfect set up or control each toy at all times.

Baskets or bins for a toy rotation might help greatly so you arent seeing all your toys at all times. Just bring out what you need and conceal the rest in some way. Teach the kids to clean up after themselves.