View Single Post
GretasLittleFriends 07:24 AM 04-16-2010
Soiled underwear... Haven't had this issue yet.

However, earlier in the week I had a child who soiled their jeans. The child is 5 1/2 and in kindergarten.

The child was sitting at my kitchen table with everyone else at snack time 3:30p. All of a sudden the children were complaining that the diapered one was stinky. I took him down, checked him. He was dry and clean.

Throughout the evening I kept catching an unpleasant aroma. Finally close to 8p as I'm getting the kids ready for bed/winding down for the evening (all scheduled to leave at 10:30p) I asked, "ok, who pooped their pants". Low and behold the kindergartner who was one that was complaining of the smell was the culprit. This one soiled pants at afternoon snack time and didn't say anything until I jokingly asked at 8ish. I honestly figured someone had bad gas, as it wasn't a constant smell. I of course questioned this, and the child admitted to pooping pants at snack time. I'm practically in tears angry at this point, as this child has been all over my house, on furniture, carpeting, dinner table etc.

Naturally I took the child into the bathroom, grabbed a change of clothes packed for the younger sibling. Helped the child undress the bottoms to prevent a bigger mess in the bathroom only to discover this child was going commando. I WAS FURIOUS!!! At this point I was ready to go find a size 6 diaper (I have a few spares from when my son finished potty training) and put this child into it. The child proceeds to throw a fit because there wasn't a change of underwear for them, so they had to just put the sweatpants on (after having themselves cleaned up).

Needless to say this child and the other three (my son included) got to stay up late (sitting on chairs in the kitchen) while I sani-tized the house. And the pants were NOT rinsed and just put into a plastic bag. I figured if the parent felt it was ok to send the child to school and daycare without underwear on, that parent would be ok scrubbing the child's jeans.

The best part... All of this for $2/hr for that particular child. Tons of $$.