View Single Post
cheerfuldom 08:07 PM 01-10-2013
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
We can't do it all... sometimes, we need the kids to help. I teach the kids to use an "Angry voice" and say "NO!" or "STOP!". I don't want them to use a whimpy voice while saying "Sto-op ittt... I don't liiike that.." Seriously, the perpetual victim is not going to get anything done...so, I want them to learn to assert themselves like they mean it.

The only kids who get hit over and over in my house are the ones who choose to use a whiny voice when they say it. They might as well be saying "Keep hitting me because I have no power to stop it".

Also, this child's arms are like 12 inches long...it doesn't hurt...there's no need to cry. Just say "NO".
yes, we are working on the same thing! my two "victims" are very whiney about it, if they say anything. we are working on a low tone voice and using our big girl words "NO (kids name)! Do not hit me! I dont like that!" The toddler DOES listen to the kids that tell her to stop. We are working on the same voice for other things too. Instead of crying at the table and making me guess what they want, they need to calm down and ask in a clear way "Ms. X, I need some more water please"