View Single Post
JJPlaycare 10:34 AM 06-10-2010
I feel for you I have the same situation going on! Only it is a little boy and he is 3, yes 3!!! I cannot believe it, but nope he cannot pull his pants up or down, not even elastic waist pants - absolutely no clue!! I have resorted to standing there and making him do it, with little assistance - which does take time away from all of the other kids! It really stinks! He is going to go to preschool in the fall and it is the same preschool I just sent my daughter too! I keep telling him that he needs to pull up his pants cause they aren't going to do it for him at school! He just says "I can't" and stands there looking completely helpless and for someone to do it for him!! In the prechool contract it says this is one of the skills they need to have, being able to pull there pants up and down! I always wipe poopy butts and my little girls bottoms, until they are capable of doing it themselves, but it gets really frusterating when they do nothing for themselves! He is extremely spoiled and someone is doing this all for him and it isn't ME! I have talked to mom and again not a big deal, OBVIOUSLY because it wouldn't have come this far if it was a big deal to her!! My kids wanted independence and it makes me think when I get a kid who is lacking in such independence and wonder how that even happens!! I guess I would just ask for easier clothes and show her a few times how to do it and assist as little as possible and hopefully she will figure it out soon enough!! The little boy I have does the same thing for shoes and outerwear, really frusterating!! Good Luck! : I