View Single Post
Great Beginnings 02:40 PM 12-23-2013
Originally Posted by Memc2001:
I am in the same boat this year--I gave kids Scholastic books and a St. Jude's candy cane and the parents got a Yankee Candle gift set (my husband is a store manager). Not ONE single token of appreciation in return. It's Christmas and none of them gave me anything. I know this sounds like a tantrum but I am done after this year. And to top it off--no one bothered to call and tell me they wouldn't be showing today so I am currently watching 1 child out of 8. I really could have used that time today to get errands finished. Bleck!
Ugh!!! Same thing here! I got up at 6:30 expecting 6 kids. About 8 I got a text saying sorry we are running late and that was the only kid that showed up today! I would have taken off had I known I would have one kid Then to make matters worse today we were going to watch a Christmas movie, open their gifts from me and have some Christmas cookies. Now come to find out the other 5 kids are off for the week and all 3 families "forgot" to mention it. Honestly, I just want to take all the gifts back and buy myself something nice! The one that showed up today I did give the gift to. And out of all 4 families, this one that did show up today is the only one that got me a Christmas gift. I got another from a family that I knew would be off this week. I'm irritated I spent all this time, money and effort on our party today and no one could be considerate enough to show!