View Single Post
e.j. 02:31 PM 06-04-2011
Originally Posted by mickey2:
She wanted to know what she needed to bring, which was already clearly stated in my website NOTHING except formula and the child!

Then she emails me back saying this
"theres only one big problem in this .. i dont drive .. so i woulnt be able to bring her there .. its too far away .. but i really would love to have you .. any suggestions?"
DUH???????

Needless to say with a brain like this I didn't even reply to her as I don't want it! And she is supposed to be a teacher. Oh boy!! No wonder some kids are messed up with something like this teaching them!!!

I think I would have excused her mistake in asking what she should bring. In her excitement she probably just overlooked the fact that your website states she doesn't need to bring anything other than formula and the child. As far as the other issue, she probably should have just asked directly if you provided transportation but maybe that's not her communication style. I would have just sent a reply telling her, "Unfortunately, I don't provide transportation to and from child care. If you think you can find a way to get your child here, I'd be happy to set up an interview with you. Otherwise, I hope you're able to find another child care provider who can meet your needs. Good luck with your search." To not send a reply at all seems a little unprofessional to me so that's not the way I would want to leave things with this woman - but that's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

Originally Posted by mickey2:
This morning I get on and I get an email from a woman with nothing in the subject. I opened it and all it says is "im interested in youre daycare"
She can't even type or spell. Yeah like I am going to answer this one too!
If I did I wouldn't even know what to say.

Well, I don't think I'd judge her too harshly without meeting her. It may be that those were just typos; maybe she's not a skilled typist. She also may not be the most educated person out there but could turn out to be the nicest person and dc parent you could ever want to meet. She could also be a new mom who isn't sure how to approach the situation and what questions to ask. I think I would have replied with something like, "That's great! Is there anything specific you would like to know?" and then I would go from there.