View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 09:36 AM 08-19-2014
I have State Farm homeowner's insurance and was able to get a liability rider from them to cover my DC for much less than I was quotes from DCI ... however I know that DCI covers more than my rider does. For example DCI will cover child abuse allegations and my liability insurance with State Farm will not. I have contemplated getting DCI in addition to my rider just to be well protected but with my new focus being on infants/toddlers and preschoolers and having 3 children of my own that now only leaves me with 3 spots so I'll wait until I have more income coming in before doing that.

If you are just looking to get the liability insurance to meet your homeowner's insurance's needs then I'd go with DCI. Otherwise I'd shop around to other homeowner's insurances and get quotes to see if you can find other homeowner's insurance that offers liability insurance for less. I get a great rate from State Farm but I get a multi policy discount which I'm sure helps (homeowner's, life insurance policies on all family members, 3 vehicles, off road vehicles etc).