View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:10 AM 11-18-2016
I think you are talking about parental custody as it effects YOU....a parent trying to keep the other from having access.....for whatever reasons...

But I don't care about how it effects parents....

I ONLY care about what I am legally allowed to do.

Q: “What if a mother never listed a father on the paperwork because they are not together?”

A: Unless you have a copy of a court order that restricts the rights of the father, the father still has rights to his child, even if he is not living with the mother.

Q: “If a parent is not on a pick up list do they have to prove they are the parent before I would release the child?”

A: If you know the parent is the parent, and you don’t have a court document that says the parent has lost the rights to the child, then they can pick up the child, regardless of whether their name is on the pick up list.

As a licensed child care provider I am LEGALLY required to allow a parent access to their child UNLESS I have COURT documents stating otherwise. A written statement by the mother (unwed or otherwise) is NOT enough to protect MY liability.

The ONLY way I would ever deny a parent (of ANY child) access is if I have court documents saying I must do so.

I think the point we are both trying to make is overlapped between what you feel as a parent and what is the law according to child care.

I don't care what the law is for parents disputing custody between themselves...I only care what law is applicable to me as a business owner.