View Single Post
Luvnmykidz 01:40 PM 06-14-2014
I recently signed up for the food program and am still learning how it all works. I just had an interview for a 3yr and the mom claims he is on a gluten free/organic diet due to food allergies. I request medical documentation in regards to it and explain that legally I cannot feed him what she sends because I provide all meals and snacks. I also explained that with a doctor's order I could serve meals based on his allergies but not without it. He began at my daycare Friday and had no paperwork stating food allergies or anything so he ate the meal I served. He did state he wasn't supposed to eat it because it's not organic. I told him that was the meal I was offering and he didn't have to eat it if he didn't want to. He ate it all and appeared fine, no issues or complaints. My question is #1 was it right on my behalf to serve him our meal versus his. My assumption was that on the food program documentation must follow for a substitution meal. #2 If and when documentation is provided am I then responsible for preparing his meal based on his diet or can his mother provide his meal. The mother stated she would prefer to prepare and bring his meal. Sorry this is so long .