View Single Post
LysesKids 03:50 AM 01-21-2016
Originally Posted by SingleDaddyof2:
I understand that to a point, but one month ahead is extreme. I understand a week. But like I said, they have the same staff every day of the week. I've never seen more or less of the same people. I've seen days where there's 40 kids and days where there's 10 kids, but same 4 caregivers.

The snacks are not perishable, usually choice of chips, granola bar, single packaged cereal and juice box, water, or milk. Not like they need to buy a month's worth ahead of time or fruits and veggies that go bad.

Just odd how my experience 60 miles on the other side of town was exact opposite. I guess I'm not used to paying for services or things I haven't received. It's like paying for $200 worth of electric bill ahead of time every month when you've used significantly less and can't get any credit for following months.
See in my neighborhood that is exactly what happens with water/sewer; I pay a minimum set amount regardless of whether or not I use it all (most months I don't even with 4 babes in care). I pay that regardless if your child comes just like insurance & in my case the food is perishable because I cook fresh. BTW, I am a small home childcare & yes, my parents all pay a full month in advance. I am limited to 4 children and it's not like I can take someone last minute to fill the space if you don't show. I have overhead just like schools & centers just a smaller scale and I break even if I am lucky.

BTW the school has to pay those 4 caregivers at least minimum wage regardless of # kids attending, just like insurance, maybe even space rental fee - as it was said, the program has to plan in advance how many kids "might" be in attendance - if you don't come, again it's not like they can fill the space last minute