View Single Post
Carole's Daycare 08:48 AM 01-14-2010
Originally Posted by Pammie:
Congrats on your pregnancy
When I was pregnant with my daughter, my daycare moms all took turns subbing for me when I went to doctor's appointments. I tried to get appts during nap-times - and with the moms coming in to sub...each family was only *inconvenienced* once or twice during the pregnancy. At the time, I had a great group of parents, and it worked out nicely for everyone. (and each of the moms left with a greater appreciation for the work that I do!)
I was induced, so was able to give families a definite "last day" and took 4 weeks off. All of my clients made their own back-up plans, and all returned to me when I started back.
Best wishes for an easy pregnancy - and understanding clients!
Hugs!
Pam
Wow! super nice set up and efficient. I can't use most of my parents due to background check and training requirements here in MN for subs. My husband is a deputy sheriff, and he will watch during nap, as he's first repsonder & had the checks and trainings. We also have a professional sub in our area who schedules to cover for many daycares in our association. Maybe your daycare association has a list of subs to use, or some other daycares have a friend thats had the required training That might be willing to work for you. My sub charges $10/hr, but its nice to have when you need to go to an appt, or see your son's school play etc.