View Single Post
Unregistered 06:49 PM 09-30-2009
Last year I took in a little girl that just turned 1 and she was the same way...she had a HIGH pitch scream and it was LOUD!! She did it ALL day long. I too am en extremly patient person...but I have to tell you the crying wore on me as well...I told myself and my husband that if it continued I would have to tell the mom it is not working out. It got my other daycare boy scared and he started crying too...so I had 2 crying babies AND my own 3 year old that was extremly upset over it. I had to put her for several small naps because the crying was excessive.

Not an easy situation at all. For me it worked out because the girl adjusted, only took her a week of crying all day, then the next week of crying sometimes, and then she was mostly fine unless she had a longer break from here, then we would have a small adjustment period. I still have her to this day and she's the sweetest little girl, I just love her!!!

Don't feel bad if you have to let the child go because of this, 3 weeks is a long time (has it been 3 weeks? You stated he started last week, then said this is his 3rd week??) to listen to all that crying and if it's upsetting the other daycare children I would say enough is enough...politly tell the mom it's not working out..maybe it's the 3 days at care then 4 days off? He's not there every weekday so the transition starts over the next week he shows up.