View Single Post
Cat Herder 11:29 AM 10-10-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
We have been looking for other care. Mainly due to other issues. Like last week he got into an ant bed on the playground. Had 20+ bites on one hand. The reason I haven't pulled him yet is lack of quality centers. There are very few options around here. And even fewer that open early enough for me to get to work at 0600. This center is actually part of the installation I work for so they open early in order to accomodate those of us who have early tours.

He's still in an infant room. He's supposed to move up in December. I say supposed to because right now the center combined the two toddler rooms into one and turned the second room into a nursing lounge. Well, now the toddler room is full and there are at least 6 kids who will be ready to move up between now and Christmas. The last plan I heard was to redistribute the two infant rooms into one room of true infants and another that's pre-toddler.
Wow. Sounds like Chaos. Have you looked at your States Childcare Resource and Referral Service (CCR&R)? It is free and they can be a huge help. They would know every possible legal care option in your area and recommend a good fit for you. They are also who inspects us.