View Single Post
Unregistered 07:52 AM 10-22-2009
Not in anyway saying this is the unlicensed providers on this forum. You ladies all seem to have it going on and have an enormous amount of love and attention for the children and families you care for.
What about the parents, that have been discussed in another thread, obviously don't give a rat's patootie about the well being of their children. They would probably be fine dropping the children off with whomever will keep them and not get them busted for leaving the 3 year old home alone with a box of crackers. Are they paying attention to how many kids the lady is "taking care of", or do they even care?
We can't throw the baby out with the bath water. DCFS has it's place. There are people out there who will take in as many children as possible doing whatever with them, just keeping them alive until the parents show. And there are parents who will take them to these places. The same parents that don't dress their children for the weather, don't change their diapers, don't bathe them, don't feed them appropriately, give them benadryl to put them to sleep.....
YOU would never do this, but OTHERS would. There needs to be someone out there making sure these types of operations aren't going down. I hardly ever agree with chickenhauler, but I agree that if they took away the regulations there would be legal warehousing of children with little to no quality control. Pack them in folks, it's cheap and efficient.
I don't think you should have to be licensed if you don't want to be, it should be up to the individual. But sometimes that really depends on the rationale and intentions of the individual.
I know it's not a perfect system, nothing is. But the system is their to protect children. Even if it is to protect them from their own parents and the decisions their parents make.