View Single Post
amberrose3dg 03:58 AM 10-23-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
For those who have been in this biz for awhile and are experiencing burn-out, how do you once again get to the point where you like what you do, want to learn more and improve, change things around, etc.?? Even short term providers....how do you stay motivated and interested/ing and can see yourself in it for the long haul??
I attended a food program workshop last night and embarrassingly admit, it's the 1st in person training I've attended since the last FP workshop a year ago.

I stayed very quiet last night, not wanting to be there and felt like an outsider to the whole thing. I recently turned 65 and the only thing I can think of is maybe retiring next year at 66. Well, I happened to sit beside a person, who I remember saying the exact same thing last year at a meeting, and last night she mentioned she's going for her bachelors. How does one change their mindset from wanting to get the he!! out to furthering their education in the field?? I can't even find the motivation anymore for attending trainings or hosting dcf events. My whole soul feels just all done in and tired.
I've withdrawn from the STARS program. I'm at the point where if I don't attend tonight's network meeting, then I'm done with those too.
Has anyone come back from feeling like this, to being engaged once again? I'd appreciate any and all insight because I am truly at a loss here.
I am the same way. I am much younger and simply feel done. I have training for the fp tonight as well. Wednesday my mandatory food handlers class at the health department. Then Thursday I go in for my biopsies results. I feel like that is gonna determine what I do next. I have been hired to teach adjunct for the local college and for an online school. It won't be quite enough starting out for me to close completely. I need experience teaching at the college level to get a full-time position. I have 3 families that I will keep and most likely give notice to soon on the rest. I loved this job but it is now too much stress on me. The parents have gone down hill in my area. The regulation changes make no sense. I too am burnt out and looking forward to the day I can close. I am hoping that it is soon.