View Single Post
signed out 01:28 PM 07-02-2011
I only have to work with the substitute once in awhile. Just when the owner takes off. For now anyway, but usually once she's had the sub come in one time, she finds other reasons why she needs her to come in pretty often. Hunni Bee, I have left the sub outside with the kids while I fix lunch (but only because I thought it'd be easier on her watching them outside than inside and I can't have the sub do lunch or we'd be eating lunch at PM snack time lol she's just so SLOW). But no sooner than I came in, she comes in with all the kids, saying that they wanted to come in, too. And another time one child wasn't behaving so she brought EVERYone in instead of just having him sit in a time-out outside. Each time there's another excuse. Jessrlee, I try giving her specific things to do, and that's when she gets irritated with me (I guess thinking I shouldn't be telling her what to do, and really, I do feel pretty akward doing it), and even when I do, she interrupts everything I'm doing every few minutes needing something, or having to use the rest room, or has a question...and somehow I end up watching both groups again.
Oh, and Hunni Bee, thanks for the idea of photgraphing the room after she's let the kids trash it. I've certainly told the owner about it, but she always waves it off and says that's just how she is, she's not the neastest person, but that's okay. So I guess the owner doesn't care about the messes... But it drives me absolutely nuts, especially when everything is lost and the kids can't find much to play with. That's when their behavior problems start (because they're bored).
So since she is pretty friendly with the owner, although she only works once in awhile, there's not much I can do except watch all the kids on my own when possible (and hope we don't have the extra kid that puts me over ratio legally requiring me to have her help).