View Single Post
SilverSabre25 05:36 AM 11-05-2012
Thanks, glenechogirl. The first question people ask around here is rate so yes I tell them before hand. Otherwise you're absolutely right that it's just not worth it.

I wish I had an aquarium; that sounds like a great tactic! (Actually I really want a nice big one...someday...someday...)

I have lately been interviewing mostly tiny babies so they are usually here and it's easy to be good with them ("Oh, can I hold him? Oh, my goodness, he's so squishy; I love newborns! Hi sweetie!" etc). If the child is old enough (2+) I usually pull out playdough to entertain them and my own. I do the interviews in my playroom so we're surrounded by all the cool toys. Older infants I pull out some of the neat baby toys and arrange them on the floor.

My space can use some work, and I've been making progress...it's hard with 1)no money and 2) very little time and 3) dcks who won't leave artwork here :P.

The house is usually super clean before an interview, though since I have kids of my own there are always toys out by the time the interview starts.

I SO wish I had the time/space/money to implement more Montessori influences...I love Montessori.