View Single Post
SunshineMama 04:59 AM 05-21-2014
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I'm getting them in the door now at least; haven't had any no-call-no-shows this time around, and have actually had several contact me to cancel ahead of time, which was nice. Furthermore I'm actually having them call me/email me back to say that they haven't chosen me and that they are choosing somewhere closer to where they work, so at least that's still progress for me.

But I still think I suck at interviewing. I'm not managing to "hook" them...and I have a feeling that they're really going for cheaper care. I REFUSE to charge less. I will NOT work for less than what I charge right now...it would be stupid. And what I charge is not unreasonable either, so yeah.

SO anyway. I want to know what I can do to improve my interviewing skillz. Yes, I spelled it with a z on purpose. How do you guys interview...what do you talk about when you're just trying to hook them? I've been going over my handbook but think that's overkill when they aren't sold on me yet. So what do I talk about? we tour my house and then sit in the playroom or the kitchen to talk. I always give them a chance to ask questions after I've presented my stuff. Am I supposed to offer them a drink (Water or something)? Hellllp...I have four weeks to get at least two new full-time clients or I will have to quit and get a job outside the hours (and in fact, I am applying for one today that's I'm sure to get hired for (call center) so that we have a safety net). I've had tons of interest but no one wants me
I always super clean my house before interviews, dress in khakis and a collared polo shirt, give them a tour, offer then a drink, then sit down and go over my handbook. I look at them in the eye and smile and ask them what questions they have for me. I don't go on a long rant about my services- I do that in the ad, and if they ask me about them.

If I remember you live in the next town over. I charge 40/day full time.