View Single Post
debif 11:52 PM 05-22-2017
Our toddler (2 year old) son started going to daycare about three weeks ago. Last week I noticed a strange change in his behavior during diaper changes or bath time. He starts to clench his thighs really tightly and tenses and says 'stop it, no' and cries when I try to open his legs wide in order to clean his diaper area. I initially thought he was just playing difficult with me, as he sometimes fusses when I am changing his diapers, however he doesn't fuss when his dad changes him. Even when he fusses it's not because I'm wiping his genital area, its usually because he doesn't want to lie down. So I got worried when my husband also called my attention to him really tightening up and crying when he was bathing him and wanted to clean his privates area. We took him to see an express care physician over the weekend to know if he was having any infection or pain in his genitals and was told there was nothing physically seen that looked out of line, he was not in pain nor anywhere swollen. We were told that it might just be a passing phase, but we should take him to his pediatrician if he continues to show these signs. The only thing my mind goes to is his daycare. Could this be a sign of sexual abuse in daycare? There are no physical signs, bruise, swelling etc in or around his genital area that may show if anything is been done against him.I asked his class teacher if they noticed anything worrisome when they change his diapers and was told not at all. I don't know if this is a lie or not. Is there a way I can go about confirming if anything nefarious is going on at his daycare, how can I handle this so I get to the bottom of what may be going on.