Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
BumbleBee 07:24 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by 284878:
Sorry that you are dealing with this, our school is on top of things at least for elementary, the school said we would get packets if we had no internet the everyone got a packet in the mail. They had breakfast and lunches bagged and passed out twice a week since the first week. My DD teacher has Google classroom set up with her extra assignment. The even have a Free site for pe, music and art assignment.
We are trying to get a good balance going to get everything done during naptime.
Anyways
Did you hear, Comcast and other internet providers are offering free internet for about two months to help with school assignments. Maybe you could help get the word out so families with out internet can have access.
I haven't looked into the free internet thing much though I have heard some companies are offering it. Thank you, I will look into it further.

It's just the frustration of the whole thing with the school. They've been awesome about supplying meals. The "joke" around here right now is the food service director should be managing the distance learning, because he has food service running like a well oiled machine.

I hope they get it figured out asap but based on how they've managed other district wide situations, many of us are not optimistic. Questions are not being answered, suggestions are being ignored, we just keep being told to be patient and give it a chance.