View Single Post
Luvnmykidz 06:15 PM 02-27-2013
Hello. I am working on my handbook/policies and i was thinking that I woud put in therereally not sure how to word it, please help )
My home is a nut free home. Please do not send nut products with your child.
Due to the fact that my children have severe allergies to nuts I will be enforcing that these products not be brought into my home. Also please be sure to fill out the forms regarding food allergies and special diets. I will provide healthy meals and snacks for all chldren in my care. I WILL NOT only feed your child their favorite foods. I will offer meals/snacks at the scheduled times to every child, but I will not force your child to eat.If your child refuses a meal/snack, they will not be offered food again until the nest scheduled meal/snack. You will be informed if your child refuses meals/snacks. I will try my best to accomodate special diets and food allergies. If I feel that I am unable to accomodate special diets and/or food allergies, I will request that the parent/guardian bring the child(s) foods. I am also aware that some children are picky eaters and some parents may be more comfortable bringing meals from home. I do request that all meals from home follow the USDA Nutritional Guidelines. Please do not send your child to care with candy, gum, soda or things of that nature, as these are not the best things to feed a child and are empty calories.