View Single Post
Janet 12:03 PM 03-24-2010
I have a 48 hour symptom free without the use of medication for vomiting and diarrhea. The only exception that I allow for is diarrhea that is antibiotic related, because I get the same thing if I have to be on antibiotics. But with vomiting, I don't care if the kid is perfectly fine up until the moment that they throw up, they still have to be out for at least 48 hours. I used to have the 24 hour policy, but then I would have kids come back too soon and they would still be sick. At least with 48 hours, there is a little more time for the kid to recooperate. I would rather err on the side of caution rather than have kids come back before they are ready. I have some policies that are pretty strict, but I also have been blessed to not have to send kids home very often at all and when a parent gripes on the rare occasion that I do send a kid home, I just gently remind them that the my policies are in place to keep their kids healthy, and as long as everyone follows them, then the chances of the kids being sent home sick go way down. Better 2 days now then several days in a row!!!