Thread: Help Responding
View Single Post
childcaremom 02:20 AM 11-30-2013
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Is there any chance they are looking for back up care or care for your maternity leave?

I agree that while it might come off as underhanded to be looking for new care without telling your current provider, you also have to look at it from their point of view. They could be looking just to see what's out there in case your pregnancy does happen to affect your ability to provide care. I wouldn't tell my current provider that I was looking into alternative care unless or until I had definitely decided to make the change, either.

I agree. We don't have family around so if I found out my provider was pregnant I would need to find something for when she was taking time off for the new baby. I would also want to have something lined up 'just in case'.

Also, as a parent, I wouldn't expect a dc provider to be able to have a baby and then a short time later, come back to watching a group of other children. As a provider, I would know differently.

I would suggest reassuring your current parents of what your intentions are leading up to and after the new one's arrival.