View Single Post
MrsCoffee 05:34 AM 02-23-2010
I have a child that was like this exactly to the "T" just a bit older (15 months) I worked with him and his parents on settling him into a routine. I got to the point where I literally told them "with love" and not out of frustration (which believe me I was extremely overwhelmed as I work an evening job after watching him ALL DAY) that it would not hurt him to cry and that if he is dry fed and not sick in any way he will have to take his nap, that they needed to do the same at home so that his life was consistent and that if they didn't start this now while he was young he would not do well once sent to full time preschool or kinder-care because they would send him home!

Fortunately for me they said that they agreed, and we have worked together ever since. I can tell you he is one of the sweetest children I have ever cared for! He takes great naps and I do not hold him all the time. It took about 3 months to get him into a health sleep pattern and also for him to get used to not being held.