View Single Post
CityGarden 03:46 PM 01-05-2019
Okay I need to get a handle on my business/personal taxes, but don't know where to start...

Background: I have not filed in several years, initially I was married and working but filed separate, then I was a SAHM doing small side projects but not earning enough to need to file but now I am single head of household and have a business (though I am not yet earning a profit after expenses). In the past I used a CPA firm who specialized in the field I was working in (entertainment) I called and they only handle that and did not have a referral that they knew with experience with daycare taxes which they said is unique.

So what do I need to look for....

A CPA who has experience in daycare taxes?
A CPA who has experience in small business or home based business?

Does anyone have someone they have personally used and would refer me to? Last year I started looking but felt in over my head so did nothing.... I do not think I will owe anything but I don't want to just give up and end up owing the IRS because finding a professional CPA for this is overwhelming.