View Single Post
Annalee 05:23 PM 05-19-2015
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
Yes! This exactly, although I actually think it needs to be said to the authors of the FCCERS. During my observation, there were many times that I had to prioritize behavior and safety over hand washing. If I had opted to complete hand washing, my group would would have spent too much time waiting (ding for that too ) and I would have been dealing with serious behaviors. Maybe it's just be, but I believe that to score a 7 you would need multiple assistants. I just don't see how it's sustainable on a day-to-day basis.
FCCERS-R appears to be set up to make providers fail....I call it a catch-22 Over 14 years I have scored between 5.96 and 6.94. It is all in the perception of the assessor and it defines providers here for a year. Most of my discredited points seem to be during my interview where they ask questions about things they "did not see". It is like I feel they are trying to catch me.....so I have started making notes because it is hard to remember everything. Questions range from how many times science activities happen to who I call in case I suspect child abuse and so on and so on. What I say first is what is counted for me even if I finish my sentence with the expected answer, I am NOT given credit but for the first thing out of my mouth during the interview Like I said a catch-22. My 5.96 came from a soured lady whom never gave eye contact to me or my daycare kids. I knew I was doomed when she come in.... The process needs revamped to say the least!