View Single Post
JoseyJo 11:20 AM 08-11-2013
Originally Posted by gracepatiencelove:
I'm definitely going to put up a sign! Thank you!

I hope I grow a backbone quickly :P

I think it really does seem like a huge deal in my head but probably wouldn't bother anyone. At this point I'm not going to be too worried until I get the new rug and foam play mats down. It'll drive me BONKERS then lol.
We had a big problem w/ shoes in the house here too- the weather is very changeable in KS and there is almost always mud!

What worked for us is getting one of those $20 area rugs from Walmart- I think it is 4ft by 6 ft in a brown multicolor. It goes right in inside the front door and the shoe rack is on the rug.

Here is a pic of the area:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

People with "outside shoes" stay on the rug! If a parent or child steps off the rug I just say "outside shoes on the rug please!" The kids come in put their outside shoes on the rack and change into daycare provided inside shoes (we use crocs) because our laminate flooring can be slippery in socks and dries out bare feet. When they go home, or we go outside we all change into our outside shoes.

I have had parents say something just a few times over the years about it and I just tell them that it is important that our floors are very clean as children crawl on them. This has helped A LOT with the "parent lingering" problem we had major problems with.