View Single Post
MOM OF 4 LOGGED OUT 12:43 PM 12-19-2014
Originally Posted by Parent:
LOL. You actually think that a job that only allows for 6 sick days a year actually pays enough to hire a nanny? In what world are you living?

And for the record, I was actually commenting on the attitudes here, not my own care situation. As long as the kid is cleared to return then he can come back. I'll let her know that he's on X, Y, or Z meds, but unless he's going to spread his germs then he gets to stay.
That is really not the DCP's problem. YOU guys need to find jobs that can support your having children. Placing your problems on everyone else is not acceptable.
Sorry, but sometimes, people just expect way too much out of people and need to look to THEMSELVES to find better circumstances FOR themselves.

DCP's should not have to put up with a dose and dash parent. DCP's should not really have to administer abx to a child, that is a PARENT'S JOB. SCHOOLS do not do that. They administer EMERGENCY meds and/or life-sustaining meds ONLY (inhalers, diphenhydramine, epi etc). All others (OTC, abx, topical ointments) are a parent's responsibility to figure out.

Being SICK with a contagious/communicable disease is MUCH different than having a chronic illness such as asthma, and frankly, Parent, you should be embarrassed that you're trying to COMPARE it. NO ONE WANTS TO SHARE the "love" of strep throat or bronchitis!!!