View Single Post
LysesKids 07:45 AM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
Has anyone done this? Are there any reasons I should/shouldn't consider it. I don't want a giant red flag with the IRS.

I am legally unlicensed, my dd is 16 and since I can't drive her anywhere during the day to get to a job I was thinking of maybe using her a few hours a day as my assistant.

I have a family (teachers) who wants to switch dcb to part time for summer but another who wants their spot so I was thinking if my daughter was my assistant I could still take the teacher's child and basically have my daughter work the hours he's here (only 4 hrs/day 2 days a week).

Is this a good idea or no? I've never had any type of assistant before so no clue how it all works.
My dd worked for me, and I was registered then went to being license exempt - no matter what, you still have to stay in licensed exempt ratios for your state even with a helper... 8 hrs seems like so little, but if something happens even in one of those few hrs, you could lose everything for being over the limit... And yes, when you pay anyone as a helper it must be at least minimum wage, plus you take out taxes etc etc.